Soccer Camp/Clinic Staff
Assists with the running of high quality YMCA soccer camps/clinics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Camp/Clinic Director in conducting camps and/or clinics.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with members and program participants.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Participates in evenings/weekends as required.
- Performs other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members, including but not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, etc. throughout all YMCA buildings and program areas.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- General knowledge of the rules of the sport as well as rules specific to YMCA sports.
- Ability to teach the development of skills and proper techniques in area of specialty.
- Must be able to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity that may include walking running, crouching, kneeling, bending.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Previous experience and knowledge of particular sport being trained.
Experience working with youth.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification may be required for specific camps/clinics.