Performs housekeeping tasks to assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the equipment, grounds and building.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for general cleaning and janitorial duties of assigned area within the facility.
- Cleans trash, debris and snow from entrances/sidewalks.
- Assists in the control of sanitation.
- Assists in checking the facility for safety hazards. Documents and notifies Director of safety deficiencies, incidents/accidents, damaged equipment, repair and supply needs.
- Routinely monitors high-risk locations and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- May perform minor maintenance duties as assigned.
- Interacts and communications with members, guests, and participants to build relationships, assist with equipment and facility requests/concerns, and provide information.
- Interacts with members, guests and program participants to perform member/guest functions, including but not limited to listening and responding to their equipment and facility requests/concerns, building relationships and helping members/connect with one another or appropriate departments depending on their needs.
- Assists Property Director with training new part-time staff and updating existing part-time staff on procedural changes as needed.
- Assists volunteers in understanding and completing assigned responsibilities as needed.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to talk, see and hear.
- Ability to operate equipment, tools and machinery as needed to complete duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to exhibit initiative and flexibility in a changing environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of YMCA staff, members and program participants and establish effective working relationships.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and previous custodial experience.