Front Desk Staff
Provides excellent service to all members, guests and program participants in person and on the phone to ensure the purpose, mission and values of the YMCA are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs member/guest service functions including but not limited to allowing access to the facility, membership/program sales and data entry, building relationships with members, helping members connect with one another and to the YMCA and conveying enthusiastic and accurate information about programs.
- Gives tours and educates members and prospective members on services, programs, events and volunteer opportunities.
- Is responsible for assuring the outlined procedures for opening/closing the facility are fully completed.
- Responds seriously and confidentially to suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks to setup/cleanup the lobby area and assists with the setup/cleanup of programs and/or classes as needed.
- Knows all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Documents and notifies Director of incidents/accidents, member questions/concerns, damaged equipment, supply needs, etc.
- Performs general clerical functions as assigned by Program Director.
- Maintains laundry to include washing and folding towels as needed.
- Completes facility rounds.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members, including but not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, etc. throughout all YMCA buildings and program areas.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to type and use a computer and computer software.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma preferred.
Previous customer service experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPR, First Aid & AED Certified