Aquatics - Lifeguard
MAKE A LASTING DIFFERENCE
Be a leader. Be a lifeguard! Thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds come to the Lincoln Y for water safety education, to learn to swim, and to meet their health and wellness goals in the pool. Lifeguards are essential to ensuring a safe environment for those individuals. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining safe swimming conditions and watch over children, families and adults in and around our pools.
- Creating a positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement.
Our Lifeguards are enthusiastic about their work because they get the opportunity to be a leader in all areas of our nonprofit mission: youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Plus, they also enjoy:
- A fun and engaging work environment where friendships are made
- Flexible schedules including opportunities to work seasonal or year round in our indoor and outdoor pools
- Room to grow
- Free Y membership at all YMCA of Lincoln locations for qualified staff
- Future employers respect the Y – build your resume
TRAINING IS PROVIDED
If you don’t have a current certification, that’s okay. We will train you and cover the cost of certification as part of your benefits package.
Don’t know if you are a strong enough swimmer? No problem. We will support you and help you develop your swimming potential.
TYPES OF POSITIONS
We offer both staff and lead/supervisory roles. Applicants will be considered for all roles and opportunities will be further discussed during the interview process.
WAGE EFFECTIVE 1/1/2023
$13.00 - $14.00/hour depending on role
Variety of flexible schedules available