Assists Food Service Manager/Cooks with meal preparation, serving and cleanup with in the guidelines set forth by the organization and Health Department Standards
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains healthy and sanitary food preparation area, meal service, food storage and dining area
- Maintains dish room following health department standards, washes and stores dishes and food service equipment
- Accepts delivery of food ,checks invoices for accuracy and stores food appropriately.
- Assists staff with planning, packing and distributing food for special events/trips.
- Maintains kitchen, dining room and dish room floors by mopping or using power machines.
- Removes trash from containers and carries to refuse dumpster.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members, including but not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, etc. throughout all YMCA buildings and program areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to work with different age groups.
- Ability to maintain a high level of sanitation/cleanliness in area as well as with equipment.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and training/experience in food preparation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Food Handler’s Certificate as required by local and/or state law