Youth Development - Summer Day Camp Counselors and Supervisors
OUR JOBS MEAN MORE
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of youth in your community. Our Summer Day Camp team members play a key role in creating and maintaining a positive atmosphere that promotes education, healthy living, safety, creativity, anti-bullying and inclusion among youth in our summer day camp programs.
Summer Day Camp positions are great opportunities for education and social work students, current or retired teachers and school staff and others working toward any career with youth. Or it’s a great way to come back to working, and stay active and engaged with the youth in your community. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementing and supervising curriculum, programs and activities.
- Interacting and supervising youth and providing role modeling and mentoring through participation in activities and positive discussions.
- Communicating with parents/guardians to discuss achievements and concerns.
Our Summer Day Camp team members are enthusiastic about their work because they have discovered the joys of helping kids learn, stay physically active, and build positive self-esteem and sense of self-worth. Plus, they also enjoy:
- A fun and engaging work environment where friendships are made
- Flexible schedules
- Room to grow
- Free Y membership at all YMCA of Lincoln locations for qualified staff
- Future employers respect the Y – build your resume
TYPES OF POSITIONS
We offer both staff and lead/supervisory roles. Applicants will be considered for all roles and opportunities will be further discussed during the interview process.
WAGE EFFECTIVE 1/1/2023
$13.00 - $14.00/hour depending on role
Variety of flexible schedules available.