Youth Sports Summer Umpire
Monitors play to ensure the purpose and goals of the YMCA Youth Sports Department are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors play to oversee the safety of players and ensure the particular sport’s and YMCA rules are followed.
- Listens to concerns, answers questions and addresses coaches, players and parents in a calm, fair and professional manner.
- Immediately reports problems, inappropriate situations or behaviors to Site Supervisor.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies YMCA Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. as required.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity that may include walking running, crouching, kneeling, bending.
- General knowledge of the rules of the sport as well as rules specific to YMCA sports.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Must be at least 16 years of age.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification may be required for specific leagues as outlined by the YMCA Director.