Maintains grounds, building and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs maintenance duties including but not limited to grounds maintenance, building and equipment repair. May perform all or some of these duties based on supervisor/branch needs and designated duties.
- Assists in checking the facility for safety hazards. Documents and notifies Director of safety deficiencies, incidents/accidents, damaged equipment, repair and supply needs.
- Routinely monitors high-risk locations and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- May perform cleaning/janitorial duties as needed and assigned.
- Interacts and communications with members, guests, and participants to build relationships, assist with equipment and facility requests/concerns, and provide information.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members, including but not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, etc. throughout all YMCA buildings and program areas.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to talk, see and hear.
- Ability to operate equipment, tools and machinery as needed to complete duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work with all levels of YMCA staff, members and program participants and establish effective working relationships.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and experience in the maintenance of facilities preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License as required by supervisor/branch requirements