Overnight Camping - Summer Camp Counselor
DISCOVER MORE THAN A JOB
Do what you love. Love what you do.
With summer days in the sun, inspiring others, archery, personal growth, climbing a 50' tower, and being a professional role model as workplace norms, what's not to love about being an Overnight Summer Camp Counselor?
If you like working outdoors and being a positive role model for youth, Summer Camp Counselor positions are excellent opportunities to develop hands on skills in leadership, collaboration, and customer service that can help prepare you for any career. The experience of working with youth is additionally relevant for those preparing for careers in education, social work, youth recreation, and other youth centered careers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Living in a cabin with and lending leadership and guidance to a cabin group.
- Providing leadership to educational and enrichment activities by planning, implementing and supervising curriculum and programs.
- Interacting and supervising youth and providing role modeling and mentoring through participation in activities and positive discussions.
- Communicating with parents/guardians to discuss achievements and concerns.
Our YMCA Camp Kitaki team members are enthusiastic about their work because they have discovered the joys of helping kids learn, stay physically active, and build positive self-esteem and sense of self-worth. Plus, they also enjoy:
- A fun and engaging work environment where friendships are made
- Skill-building, leadership, training and enrichment opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else
- Room to grow
- Future employers respect the Y – build your resume
TYPES OF POSITIONS
We offer both staff and lead/supervisory roles as counselors, wranglers, life guards, challenge course facilitators, health specialists, and cooks.
Applicants will be considered for all roles and opportunities will be further discussed during the interview process.
Live in summer position requiring extended hours on duty.