Aquatics - Swim Instructor
BE PART OF SOMETHING GREATER
At the Y we believe everyone should have the chance to learn how to stay safe around water and YOU can be part of making that happen! As a Swim Instructor at the Y, you will work for the community’s leader in swim instruction helping thousands of children of all ages gain confidence in the water, overcome fears and build skills that last a lifetime. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teaching quality lessons to participants concentrating on water safety, stroke development, personal growth and fun.
- Developing positive relationships with participants and providing motivational support and guidance.
- Communicating goals and concerns with parents/guardians.
Our Swim Lesson Instructors are enthusiastic about their work because they get the opportunity to be a mentor to youth and educate them about skills that could one day save their life. Plus, they also enjoy:
- A fun and engaging work environment where friendships are made
- Flexible schedules
- Room to grow
- Free Y membership at all YMCA of Lincoln locations for qualified staff
- Build your resume - future employers respect the Y
TYPES OF POSITIONS
We offer both staff and lead/supervisory roles. Applicants will be considered for all roles and opportunities will be further discussed during the interview process.
$11.50/hour Group Lessons
$14.00/hour Private Lessons
Variety of flexible schedules available