Youth Development - Before/After School Staff
With a focus on academic enhancement, safety, health and social growth, our Before/After school team members provide kindergartners through 8th graders a safe, supportive and fun environment to learn, develop interests and make friends.
Before/After School positions are great opportunities for education and social work students, current or retired teachers and school staff and others working toward any career with youth. Or it’s a great way to come back to working, and stay active and engaged with the youth in your community. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementing and supervising curriculum, programs, activities and clubs.
- Interacting and supervising youth and providing role modeling and mentoring through participation in activities and positive discussions.
- Communicating with parents/guardians to discuss achievements and concerns.
Our Before/After School team members are enthusiastic about their work because they have discovered the joys of helping kids find success in school, stay physically active, and build positive self-esteem and self-worth. Plus, they also enjoy:
- A fun and engaging work environment where friendships are made
- Flexible schedules
- Room to grow
- Free Y membership at all YMCA of Lincoln locations for qualified staff
- Future employers respect the Y – build your resume
TYPES OF POSITIONS
We offer both staff and lead/supervisory roles. Applicants will be considered for all roles and opportunities will be further discussed during the interview process.
$12.00 - $13.00/hour depending on role
Variety of flexible schedules available during the following shifts:
Before School Shifts – 7:00 am to 9:00 am
After School Shifts - 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm