Youth Development - Intern
BRING YOUR PASSION TO OUR MISSION
Youth Development Internships with the YMCA of Lincoln, NE are great opportunities for education and social work students or anyone working towards a career with youth.
Students have the opportunity to gain paid working experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Planning, curriculum, programs, activities and clubs.
- Interacting and supervising youth and providing role modeling and mentoring through participation in activities and positive discussions.
- Managing behavioral incidents or concerns and devising behavior management plans.
- Communicating with parents/guardians to discuss achievements and concerns.
- Working and networking with other Y professionals, school administrators, teachers, para-educators and community partners.
Through this opportunity, not only will interns discover the joys of helping kids learn, stay physically active and build positive self-esteem and self-worth, they will also enjoy:
- A fun and engaging work environment where friendships are made
- Opportunities to develop confidence in the classroom
- Flexible hours working around school schedules
- Free YMCA membership at all Lincoln Y locations for qualified staff
- Opportunity to build their resume - Future employers respect the Y
WAGE EFFECTIVE 1/1/2023
$12.25 - $14.00/hour depending on role
Variety of flexible schedules available.
THIS IS WHY
"As a Site Supervisor, I gained valuable experience that helped me become more confident working with children and families. This was incredibly helpful when I started my student teaching in elementary education. I was confident in the classroom and was able to communicate effectively during parent-teacher conferences." - Emmalie
"I wasn't sure about what career path I wanted to pursue in college. But after working in youth programming for the Y, I found my calling in youth education and have been loving every minute of it." -Liz