Program Management - CLC Youth Director
DISCOVER MORE THAN A JOB
Oversees and assumes direct responsibility for the development, implementation and management of high quality YMCA CLC programs that aim to position the YMCA as the leading provider of before and after school programming/instruction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Using discretion and independent judgement, directs and supervises CLC program activities including but not limited to:
- Oversees day to day management of the Community Learning Centers to include planning scheduling and directing daily routines, activities and operations.
- Plans and connects programs which support the School Improvement Plan.
- Participates as an active team member with school leadership planning.
- Collaborates with school staff, students, parents, YMCA Branches and community resources to organizes and coordinate dynamic youth, family and neighborhood services.
- Recruits and develops partnerships with service providers and community resources.
- Compiles and provides appropriate reporting to partners in a timely fashion.
- Develops and leads active School Neighborhood Advisory Committee.
- Works with program participants to collect past due fees and/or update accounts.
- Fills in for staff as needed.
Member & Program Experience
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs. Implements continuous program improvement processes and establishes new program activities as needed to better serve community members, YMCA members and program participants.
- Assists in supporting the overall member experience including but not limited to program and membership registrations and tours.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with members, program participants and volunteers.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations, schools and vendors.
- Directly carries out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; auditing and appraising performance; approving and reporting payroll; conducting staff meetings; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides overall leadership and direction through ongoing coaching and development.
- Facilitates and fosters a team based culture throughout the organization where everyone has responsibility and accountability for the success of the organization.
- Takes personal initiative to source, recruit and retain staff. Assumes an active role in creating and implementing the department and association’s recruiting outreach and retention plans.
- Keeps safety and risk management top of mind and puts training and plans in place to minimize risk.
- Communicates to all staff and volunteers the organization’s commitment to protect youth from abuse. Responds seriously and confidentially to reports of suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Performs other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members, including but not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, etc. throughout all YMCA buildings and program areas.
- Develops, in coordination with Executive Director, and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Continuously seeks and implements ways to increase revenue and control expenses.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the databases related to branch and program operations (e.g., membership, HRIS, etc.). Takes initiative to remain up to date on the capabilities of the systems and actively implements into branch processes/procedures.
- Assumes a lead role in assisting with and promoting the Annual Campaign.
Administrative & Other
- Assumes responsibility for a wide variety of administrative, operational and other assigned duties that benefit the workflow and qualify of all branch programs. Provides backup support to coworkers as needed.
- Assists in the marketing, promotion and distribution of program, branch and special event information.
- Participates in Vision Experience Teams (VET’s) as applicable.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Participates in evening/weekend and on call rotation as well as special events as required.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as needed or assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledgeable of all YMCA programs, facilities, fees, policies and financial assistance programs.
Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility and maintain organization and detail in a changing environment.
General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs to include MS Office products.
Ability to perform multiple tasks and handle multiple projects at one time.
Ability to maintain a high level of detail.
Ability to work with all levels of YMCA staff, members and program participants and establish effective working relationships.
Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or equivalent experience.