CLC Youth Program Director
Develops, organizes and implements high quality youth programs for the YMCA Community Learning Center (CLC) at Mickle Middle School.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly carries out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; auditing and appraising performance; approving and reporting payroll; conducting staff meetings; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives (see program specific list below).
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with members, program participants and volunteers.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs. Implements continuous program improvement processes and establishes new program activities as needed to better serve community members, YMCA members and program participants.
- Communicates to all staff and volunteers the organization’s commitment to protect youth from abuse. Responds seriously and confidentially to reports of suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations, schools and vendors.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Assumes a lead role in assisting with and promoting the Annual Campaign.
- Promotes and coordinates special events.
- Assists with program and membership registrations and tours as needed.
- Participates in Program Management Teams (PMT’s) as applicable.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Participates in evening/weekend and on call rotation as well as special events as required.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as needed or assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable of all YMCA programs, facilities, fees, policies and financial assistance programs.
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility and maintain organization and detail in a changing environment.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs to include MS Office products.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to maintain a high level of detail.
- Ability to work with all levels of YMCA staff, members and program participants and establish effective working relationships.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or equivalent experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
First Aid Certification
PROGRAM SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversees day to day management of the Community Learning Centers to include planning scheduling and directing daily routines, activities and operations.
- Plans and connects programs which support the School Improvement Plan.
- Participates as an active team member with school leadership planning.
- Collaborates with school staff, students, parents, YMCA Branches and community resources to organizes and coordinate dynamic youth, family and neighborhood services.
- Recruits and develops partnerships with service providers and community resources.
- Compiles and provides appropriate reporting to partners in a timely fashion.
- Develops and leads active School Neighborhood Advisory Committee.