Administrative - Youth Sports Administrative Assistant
BE PART OF SOMETHING GREATER
- Does accuracy and organization fall under your list of strengths?
- Do you enjoy supporting others with detailed administrative tasks and being the first person to greet and assist guests in person and on the phone?
- Do you have a love for and basic understanding of most sports?
As the Youth Sports Administrative Assistant, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impression on people visiting the YMCA’s Administrative Office while being part of a respected non-profit that supports our community. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the administrative side of youth sports programs including but not limited to data entry, email communication, registrations, account statements, payments, creating and preparing paperwork for events, programs, manuals and handouts.
- Managing the administrative office’s front desk and providing high quality, friendly customer service to guests and participants over the phone and in person.
- Assisting with the preparation, planning and implementation of programs and/or special events.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- Self-motivation, attention to detail and responsibility for timely completion of work.
- Personal accountability for the accuracy of program materials as they will be shared throughout the community with members/program participants.
- Proficiency in using Word, Excel and Google Docs.
- Comfort in working within a CRM database and learning new software.
- A general understanding of sports to answer questions related to uniforms, rules, practices and youth sports procedures related to the specific sport.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines at one time.
- Problem solving skills – the ability to handle unexpected situations and identify solutions.