Aquatics Check In Staff
Performs member service functions within the Aquatics Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors pool entrance, verifies membership information and allows access to pool.
- Answers member questions/concerns.
- Responds seriously and confidentially to suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Monitors use of facility towels. Addresses misuse.
- Knows all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Documents and notifies Director of incidents/accidents, member questions/concerns, damaged equipment, supply needs, etc.
- Performs general clerical functions as assigned by Program Director.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Performs other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members, including but not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, etc. throughout all YMCA buildings and program areas.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma preferred.
Previous customer service experience.