Oversees the total operation of a YMCA membership or program facility, including but not limited to membership, marketing, programs, facilities, volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly carries out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; auditing and appraising performance; approving and reporting payroll; conducting staff meetings; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develops, manages and monitors annual financial budgets related to program administration and property/buildings. Facilitates short and long range planning in program services, personnel, finance, membership and constituency through gathering data, analyzing trends and making recommendations.
- Generates adequate earned income. Secures financial support for ongoing programs and administrative services, as well as funding for program projects and new program designs.
- Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with members, program participants, organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
- Inspects land, facility, vehicles, and other equipment to insure high standards of safety, maintenance and cleanliness.
- Oversees the Committee of Management.
- Leads and promotes the Annual Campaign.
- Recruits high quality volunteers and assists volunteer groups in policy recommendations and procedures. Orientates and trains volunteers for service and provides meaningful volunteer involvement and recognition.
- Communicates to all staff and volunteers the organization’s commitment to protect youth from abuse. Responds seriously and confidentially to reports of suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Directs facility/program marketing and communication efforts.
- Carries out association responsibilities as directed by CEO and COO.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Participates in evening/weekend and on call rotation as required.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as needed or assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
- Knowledgeable of all YMCA programs, facilities, fees, policies and personal pricing programs.
- Ability to delegate appropriate responsibilities involved in day-to day operations.
- Ability to develop and implement goals and objectives.
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility and maintain organization and detail in a changing environment.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs to include MS Office products.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to maintain a high level of detail.
- Ability to work with all levels of YMCA staff, members and program participants and establish effective working relationships.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in a related field and previous YMCA experience.
Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
First Aid Certification