Provides one on one consultations with members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and connection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts one on one orientations with members by listening and evaluating the member’s wellness and fitness goals.
- Assists members and program participants in performing exercises (e.g., spotting or demonstrating movements).
- Communicates and maintains professional contact with members and program participants to answer questions and concerns. Performs member retention post-join communication.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks to cleanup the workout areas and assists with the setup/cleanup of programs and/or classes as needed.
- Documents and notifies Director of incidents/accidents and member questions/concerns.
- Maintains certifications listed under Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience and/or training (ie = currently pursuing degree with practical experience)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPR, AED, First Aid Certified