Before/After School Site Supervisor - 19/20 Sch Yr
Serves as the onsite representative who oversees the staff, activities and learning opportunities at YMCA childcare programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly carries out leadership responsibilities to effectively oversee, train, guide and evaluate staff.
- In cooperation with other staff members, school administrators and/or community partners, plans and supervises the implementation of programs and activities to provide a safe and enjoyable program that meets the desired program goals.
- Responds seriously and confidentially to suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Communicates and maintains personal contact with parents/guardians, school personnel and/or community partners to discuss achievements and concerns.
- Addresses discipline issues that are of concern and cannot be immediately resolved by Program Staff.
- Provides role modeling through participation in activities and positive discussions about active living.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks to setup/cleanup the site and maintain a clean and safe environment. Is responsible for assuring the outlined procedures for opening/closing the site are followed.
- Documents and notifies Director of incidents, accidents, damaged equipment and supply needs.
- Performs administrative functions, compiles documentation and completes assigned reports.
- May be required to lead a program/club in the absence of Program Staff.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Attends meetings with school administrators to address child/family and discipline issues and coordinates responses that are consistent between the school and YMCA program.
- As needed, may at times serve as the main contact between the school and the parent to relay information.
- Works with school administrators to recognize children who should be participating in programs and determines how to get these children involved.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to plan and initiate age appropriate games and activities.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful.
- Ability to drive a 15 passenger van.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
- Ability to meet and follow childcare licensing requirements as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and a minimum of one year experience working with youth.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License/Clean Driving Record Preferred
CPR, AED and First Aid Certified