Wellness - Personal Trainer & Wellness Specialist
MAKE A LASTING DIFFERENCE
At the YMCA, we know that fitness isn’t just about going through the motions of a workout. It’s about taking a holistic approach to fitness and having a healthy lifestyle and attitude. As part of the YMCA training staff you encourage and motivate members to look at fitness as a positive element of a healthy lifestyle. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting one on one orientations and consultations with members by listening and evaluating the member’s wellness and fitness goals.
- Designing and implementing effective exercise programming.
- Monitoring progress and providing modifications.
- Communicating and maintaining professional contact with members to answer questions and concerns.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment.
Our staff are enthusiastic about their work because one moment they might be working with an athlete to enhance their routine, the next they might be helping a family start a journey toward a healthier lifestyle and after that they might be helping a senior gain strength to maintain activities of daily living. Plus, they also enjoy:
- A fun and engaging work environment where friendships are made
- Flexible schedules
- Room to grow
- Free Y membership at all YMCA of Lincoln locations for qualified staff
- Future employers respect the Y – build your resume
Depending on education and certifications, we have two levels of trainers: Wellness Specialists and Personal Trainers.
Wellness Specialists: $11.00/hour
Personal Trainers: $14.50/hour
Variety of flexible schedules available.
THIS IS WHY
"Working at a place with flexible hours has been ideal. I am pursuing my degree in Exercise Science and working at the Y not only allows me to focus on school, but has been invaluable at providing real-world experience in my field of study." - Sam
"I have a part-time job that I love where my values align with the mission, amazing friendships with Y members and coworkers, and the opportunity every day to help my clients achieve a healthy mind, body and spirit." - Darian
"I chose to work for the YMCA because I wanted to be part of an inclusive community where I could help change lives!" - Angie