Before/After School Program Staff - 2020/2021 School Year
Provides safe, enjoyable, educationally based learning opportunities that ensure the purpose, mission and values of the YMCA are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In cooperation with other staff members, develops, plans, implements, and supervises; curriculum, programs, activities and/or clubs.
- Provides role modeling through participation in activities and positive discussions about active living.
- Responds seriously and confidentially to suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Communicates and maintains personal contact with parents/caregivers to discuss achievements and concerns.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks to setup/cleanup the site and maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Documents and notifies Site Supervisor of incidents, accidents, damaged equipment and supply needs.
- Performs administrative functions, compiles documentation and completes assigned reports as required of program.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Site Supervisor or Program Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members, including but not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, etc. throughout all YMCA buildings and program areas.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to plan and initiate age appropriate games and activities.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful.
- Ability to drive a 15 passenger van as assigned by supervisor.
- Remains knowledgeable of state licensing requirements to ensure all regulations are followed as needed.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
- Ability to meet and follow childcare licensing requirements as required for program.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Must be at least 16 years of age and have previous experience working with youth.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License/Clean Driving Record Preferred
CPR, AED and First Aid Certified