Youth Development - Behavior Specialist
MAKE A LASTING DIFFERENCE
Over the years, the Y has become a vital community asset and essential partner to families raising children to be strong, healthy and positive members of their community. As a Behavior Specialist you will continue that partnership by providing behavioral, educational and social emotional support to youth and serving as a resource to staff.
A Behavior Specialist position is a great opportunity for education and social work students, current or retired teachers and school staff and others who have experience working with behaviors in youth. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports the Youth, Teen and Family Director and program staff in managing behavioral incidents and concerns with youth participants.
- Devises behavior management plans to support success in YMCA programs.
- Carries out leadership responsibilities to effectively train and coach staff on managing the behavior of youth participants.
Our Youth Development team members are enthusiastic about their work because they have discovered the joys of helping kids learn, stay physically active, and build positive self-esteem and sense of self-worth. Plus, they also enjoy:
- A fun and engaging work environment where friendships are made
- Flexible schedules
- Room to grow
- Free Y membership at all YMCA of Lincoln locations for qualified staff
- Future employers respect the Y – build your resume
WAGE EFFECTIVE 1/1/2023
Variety of flexible schedules available during both the school year and summer.
Before School Shifts: 7:00 am - 9:00 am
After School Shifts: 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Summer Day Camp Shifts: Vary depending on the needs of the site