Assists in overseeing and coordinating Preschool Programs to ensure the purpose, mission and values of the YMCA are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In cooperation with other staff members, plans and leads curriculum and supervises the activities of children.
- Communicates and maintains personal contact with parents to discuss achievements and concerns related to their child’s learning.
- Provides role modeling through participation in activities and positive discussions about active living.
- Responds seriously and confidentially to suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks to setup/cleanup the preschool room and maintain a clean and safe environment and appealing appearance (ie, bulletin boards).
- Documents and notifies Coordinator or Director of incidents/accident, damaged equipment and supply needs.
- Performs administrative functions, compiles documentation and completes assigned reports.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members, including but not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, etc. throughout all YMCA buildings and program areas.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to plan and initiate age appropriate curriculum, games and activities.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
- Ability to meet and follow childcare licensing requirements as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma
Minimum of one year teaching or related experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPR, AED and First Aid Certified