Child Watch Staff
Provides safe and enjoyable childcare for members and their infants, toddlers, pre-school and school age children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In cooperation with other staff members, plans and supervises the activities of children.
- Communicates and maintains personal contact with parents to discuss achievements and concerns related to their child’s care.
- Responds seriously and confidentially to suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks to setup/cleanup the Child Watch Center and maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Documents and notifies Child Watch Coordinator and/or Director of incidents/accident, damaged equipment and supply needs.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Coordinator or Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members, including but not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, etc. throughout all YMCA buildings and program areas.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to plan and initiate age appropriate games and activities.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Remains knowledgeable of state licensing requirements to ensure all regulations are followed as needed.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Previous experience working with youth.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPR, AED and First Aid Certified