Camp Kitaki Property Director
Directs, supervises and performs general and preventative building/property maintenance and custodial activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. May perform all or some of these duties based on supervisor/branch needs and designated duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly carries out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; auditing and appraising performance; approving and reporting payroll; conducting staff meetings; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Creates and maintains documented preventative maintenance plans.
- Performs general and preventative building/property maintenance and custodial activities.
- Assumes responsibility for snow removal from entrances/sidewalks.
- Assists with the development of appropriate budgets.
- Works with the branch safety representative to maintain and update MSDS manuals.
- Ensures that safety precautions are in place and addresses safety issues that arise.
- Conducts safety training pertinent to department staff.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies within branch budget.
- Establishes contacts and determines when outside contractors are needed to perform services for the branch. Works with the Executive to receive approval prior to contracting, taking into account the type of service needed, safety and cost. Addresses concerns with the service provider as they arise.
- Communicates to all staff and volunteers the organization’s commitment to protect youth from abuse. Responds seriously and confidentially to reports of suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Assumes a lead role in assisting with and promoting the Annual Campaign.
- Prepares for and assists with special events.
- Participates in Program Management Teams (PMT’s).
- Assists with hosting user groups as needed.
- Maintains flexibility as workloads change throughout the department and assumes responsibilities to support the ongoing success of Camp Kitaki as a whole.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Makes self available after hours as needed for facility needs.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as needed or assigned by management.
- Performs other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members, including but not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, etc. throughout all YMCA buildings and program areas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting, as well as a basic understanding of building and pool maintenance. Ability to operate power tools and heavy machinery per branch needs.
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs to include MS Office products and building management software as applicable to facility.
- Ability to exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility and maintain organization and detail in a changing environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to work with all levels of YMCA staff, members, program participants and vendors and establish effective working relationships.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree in a related field or equivalent experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
Certified Pool Operation Certification
First Aid Certification