Youth Sports Site Supervisor
Assists in overseeing and coordinating Youth Sports activities to ensure the purpose, mission and values of the YMCA Youth Sports Department are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly carries out leadership responsibilities to effectively oversee, guide and evaluate Youth Sports contract workers and/or volunteers in accordance with the Association’s policies, purpose and goals.
- Is responsible for assuring the outlined procedures before, during and after an activity or game are fully completed by self and staff.
- Properly prepares activity/playing areas to ensure safety for all participants.
- Is visible and available to staff, coaches, participants and fans to answer questions.
- Responds seriously and confidentially to suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Listens to concerns, resolves problems and corrects inappropriate behavior. Documents situations and relay to YMCA Director as needed.
- Completes necessary paperwork accurately and timely.
- Immediately notifies YMCA Director of any item of value left at a YMCA facility to receive instructions on where the item is to be stored or delivered.
- Checks with the Youth Sports Office prior to scheduled shift for any necessary information, instructions or supply/equipment pick up. Returns evaluation cards and timesheets to the Youth Sports Office the morning following the scheduled shift unless otherwise notified.
- As needed, performs the role of an official to monitor play, oversee the safety of players and ensure the particular sport’s and YMCA rules are followed.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies YMCA Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- General sports knowledge (basketball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, baseball, softball and cheerleading).
- General knowledge of the rules of the sport as well as rules specific to YMCA Youth Sports.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Previous supervisory, youth sports or related experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPR, AED, First Aid Certifications