Develops and teaches a variety of gym classes.More
Youth, Teen and Family Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists Director in carrying out supervisory/leadership responsibilities to effectively manage personnel and programs in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting with:
- new hire paperwork;
- training and conducting staff meetings;
- scheduling (may be required to cover absences if a sub cannot be found);
- planning, assigning, and directing work;
- auditing and appraising performance;
- rewarding and disciplining employees;
- addressing complaints, concerns and resolving problems;
- planning and conducting new hire, in-service or other trainings;
- time clock/payroll adjustments and approvals;
- assisting with developing and implementing quality programs.
- As needed or at the direction of the Program Director, performs the duties of subordinate staff to oversee the functionality of the program, fill in due to absences and observe the strengths/weaknesses of staff. See specific job descriptions for duties.
- In the absence of or at the direction of the Program Director, coordinates and maintains personal contact with parents/guardians, members and/or program participants to discuss individual or program achievements and concerns.
- Attends meetings and serves as a Y representative as assigned by Program Director.
- Assists with preparation, planning and implementation of special events.
- Performs administrative functions to include, but not limited to filing, telephones, data entry, copying, compiling and maintaining reports, newsletters, bulletin boards, coordinating classes, wait lists, enrollments, etc.
- Communicates with and maintains effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Responds seriously and confidentially to suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Assigns, oversees and performs general housekeeping tasks. Assists with special cleaning and maintenance duties as needed.
- Documents and notifies Director of incidents/accident, damaged equipment and supply needs.
- Purchases supply needs as directed by Program Director.
- Attends HR and supervisor related trainings.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Willing to work weekends.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree or equivalent education/training preferred.
- Minimum of two year’s previous Y experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred