Monitors play to ensure the purpose and goals of the YMCA Youth Sports Department are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors play to oversee the safety of players and ensure the particular sport’s and YMCA rules are followed.
- Listens to concerns, answers questions and addresses coaches, players and parents in a calm, fair and professional manner.
- Immediately reports problems, inappropriate situations or behaviors to Site Supervisor.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies YMCA Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. as required.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity that may include walking running, crouching, kneeling, bending.
- General knowledge of the rules of the sport as well as rules specific to YMCA sports.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Must be at least 16 years of age.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification may be required for specific leagues as outlined by the YMCA Director.