Program Desk Staff
Performs various duties to maintain the appearance of the facility and provide a quality experience to members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs tasks to ensure the facility is attractive, organized and clean. Tasks include but are not limited to removing trash and debris, collecting towels and lost and found items, putting away equipment, etc.
- Maintains laundry (washing and folding towels) to ensure consistent supply for members.
- Observes activities in the gymnasium and locker room. As needed, enforces established rules and takes appropriate action to get assistance from a Director and/or reprimand involved parties.
- Documents and notifies Director of incidents/accidents, damaged equipment and supply needs.
- Provides back up assistance to the Front Desk as needed including but not limited to tours and customer service.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma preferred