Water Exercise Instructor
Instructs group water workouts and provides excellent service to participants in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and connection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Plans and conducts safe and effective group classes for all levels and abilities.
• Knows all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
• Communicates clearly and effectively with staff at teaching location as well as YMCA Director.
• Documents and notifies Director of incidents/accidents and participant questions/concerns.
• Maintains certifications listed under Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations.
• Receives and carries out instructions.
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to talk, see and hear.
• Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Minimum of one year of experience participating in or pre-hire screen by Director.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPR, AED and First Aid Certified