Chief Marketing Officer
Directly responsible for the strategy, development, implementation and supervision of the Association’s marketing and communication efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly carries out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; auditing and appraising performance; approving and reporting payroll; conducting staff meetings; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems without direct oversight and with independent discretion and judgment.
- Develops, organizes and facilitates annual association marketing and communications plan. Monitors the achievement of this plan, taking appropriate action to ensure that the goals and objectives are met, brand and cause criteria are included in all materials and communication vehicles are in place that create momentum and awareness.
- Continually researches, develops and implements new methods to enhance marketing, communications, member initiatives and partnerships and keeps the YMCA on the marketing forefront.
- Assumes responsibility for the concept and development of all marketing/communication pieces.
- Continually monitors graphic and “voice” integrity, consistency and style of marketing pieces. Takes appropriate action to correct improper use of the YMCA logo and branding standards.
- Works with other staff to collect relevant information for the development of the Association’s communication pieces (APA style press releases, Association wide newsletters, CEO/President’s communication pieces, etc.).
- Continually researches, develops and implements new methods (apps, videos, etc.) to enhance marketing, communications and member initiatives and keep the YMCA on the marketing forefront.
- Oversees the Association’s online presence to assure marketing and informational goals are met.
- Facilitates collecting and maintaining Y stories, photography and video. Implements into marketing materials as appropriate.
- Participates in departmental meetings with program staff to continue to drive marketing strategy. Provides training to YMCA staff as applicable.
- Manages the marketing side of the Association’s annual giving and capital campaigns. Duties include providing communication and guidance to staff and volunteers and developing campaign materials.
- Coordinates all marketing associated tasks during special events (creating materials/video, promoting, photography, etc.).
- In coordination with the President/CEO, oversees the Association’s full range of activities required to research, prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Develops and maintains relationships with media outlets.
- Works closely with the COO, CFO and CAO on Association matters.
- Maintains consistent, regular and confidential communication with President/CEO.
- Responds to inquiries from business associates, community members, volunteers and staff.
- Receives and protects confidential information.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with all levels of YMCA staff, volunteers and vendors and establish effective working relationships.
- Writing and editing skills.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs to include MS Office products and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with website Content Management Systems and minimal html/design.
- Experience in using and understanding various social networking platforms.
- Understanding of current advancements, technologies and trends in the mobile and digital marketing space.
- Ability to exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility and maintain organization and detail in a changing environment.
- Ability to develop and implement goals and objectives.
- Knowledgeable of all YMCA programs, facilities, fees, policies and personal pricing programs.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree and previous marketing experience.